Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 23rd 2011

January is almost over Alexandre...

I posted that we had such a fun day on January 9th, which we did, you played in the snow and was just loving it. What we did not know was that you are so fragile when it comes to the cold. So on January 11th, you started not feeling well. The daycare called and told me you were very upset and that you were starting a fever. So we went to he clinic and sure enough, you were starting a cold but not to worry as your ears and lungs were fine but keep you home for a few days. The next day, your tongue started to have a big white spot on it, so we brought you back to the clinic and they told us you had canker sores, very common when a child has a fever. So poor you, each time you eat or drank it would just hurt you so much. I felt so bad for you and so sad. You were so defenseless, it broke my heart. With a 103 fever, canker sores and chap lips, oh boy.

On January 18th, you were doing slightly better and you can see that you were getting bored at home and wanted to see your friends at daycare, you would even mention Ousamma's name (a teacher at the daycare), so we realized it was time for you to go back, you had no more fever, your canker sores were 90% gone. So the next day, Tuesday, you were back at the daycare with your friends and you were fine, well I would say 70%. On Wednesday, we received a phone call from the daycare to let us know that that you were just not yourself, you were just so tired, which was normal as you would get up at 4:30am each day as you were just not feeling well and so sore. So we picked you up from the daycare and went back to the clinic to make sure that everything was ok with you. The doctor told us that you were fine and that you just needed to get lots of rest.

So your father and I decided that you would finish the week at the daycare and since you were sleeping so much there, we would keep you up longer during the evening to see if you would sleep in, yes pass 4:30am and you did.

Today being January 23rd, I have to say that I am please, happy, relief as a mother to see you back to normal, you are smiling away, eating, drinking like you did before you got sick. Yahoo!

It was the first time since you have been with us that you were that sick and it just broke my heart as you could not express yourself. I wish I could have taken away your pain and put on me, I just love you so much and seeing you like that was very hard and I was so heartbroken.

I am so glad that you are back to your happy go lucky self and have to admit that from now till spring, we might hold off on any outdoors activies, as I really don't want you to get sick like that again.

Love you Alexandre

Mom
xx

No comments: